Club Brings Breast Cancer Awareness

Worldwide, the pink ribbon signifies recognition of breast cancer.

Iona Brooks, Staff Writer

The month of October is recognized worldwide as being Breast Cancer Awareness month. This is an annual campaign to raise awareness about the symptoms of breast cancer. For several years, LMP has been home to the Breast Cancer Awareness Club which holds various events each October to raise money in support of those with breast cancer. 

Each year, the club raises money in support of the Eden Spa. Eden Spa offers rejuvenating spa services designed to help those currently fighting cancer as well as to aid survivors to feel restored and regain tranquility and normalcy in their lives. 

“So far we have been organizing dress down days, selling bracelets and pins in the morning, and collecting donations from parents at concession stands during sporting events. In addition, we are currently organizing a raffle and planning on doing bake sales,” said Vice President Christina Papanicolaou.

This club is one of many at LMP that serves to give back to the community and make a positive impact through charity work and volunteering. Through the Breast Cancer Awareness club, LMP has come together to raise awareness with “pink-out” football and volleyball games in addition to decorations and signs in front of the school. Students recognize the exceptional job the club does on these activities.

Senior Charlie Tate said, “I feel like the Breast Cancer Awareness club is a great addition to LMP and provides an opportunity to bring our community together to support such an important cause.”