LMP Hosts Christmas Door Decorating Contest

LMP Students decorate classrooms doors for Christmas.

Kaylyn Phung

With Christmas around the corner, Lake Mary Prep hosted a contest for door decorations. The Student Government was offered to decorate doors in the Lower school buildings. The project intends to bring holiday spirit and excitement to Lower school students during the festive season. 

The decorations began on Tuesday for both Upper and Middle school during advisory, and on Wednesday for the Lower School building. This is credited to the LMP students who helped by volunteering to decorate the doors. A lot of amazing ideas with a joyful and holiday-Esque aesthetic were put together by these students to create exciting designs for the classroom. Through construction papers, garlands, and other materials, LMP quickly became full of decorated doors. 

” We wanted our door with the winter wonderland and it turned out to be really pretty. I enjoy this contest very much since I got an opportunity to work together with other people and enjoy a great holiday atmosphere,” said Senior Grace Xu.

The results were announced on Friday, December 11th, with the winners of the Upper School door decorating contest belonging to Mr. Marshburn’s advisory and Mr. Niven’s advisory. In Middle school, Mrs. Jiao’s advisory was ranked the highest.   

“It was an excellent opportunity for students to spread some seasonal joys, and everybody got very excited and creative. It was just all-around great experiences, I think,” Ms. Gina Bortz, teacher at LMP, expressed her feelings about the contest.

Due to the support from teachers and Ms.Gina Bortz, who is also LMP’s key club advisor, students were also able to finish decorating all doors in the lower school building on Wednesday, September 10, with dedication and productive teams.

“The lower school decoration was a very fun exercise where we got to go over and surprise those little kids by getting their doors decorated. Everyone got materials, including the donation from the GPA. The kids were surprised and it was really nice to see those little smiles on their faces,” said Bortz.

The contest closes the first semester at LMP. As the holiday approaches, students, teachers and staffers are looking forward to enjoying the break and a more successful semester.